About this course
Hospitality Management covers a very wide field with countless, often cross-industry opportunities. In addition to the classic hotel sector, it includes the hospitality industry as well as adjacent industries, such as amusement parks, casinos or airlines, and service providers such as hospitality consulting or IT service providers.
As a graduate, you will be in demand in the areas of catering, conference and event management, tourism and leisure, entertainment and facility management as well as food service management. This Master’s degree programme will give you an insight into one of the fastest growing global industries. You will develop operational and strategic management skills with us, which you can later apply in the hospitality sector.
Hospitality – It’s much more than the hotel business!
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (4 year programme or equivalent to 240 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years or from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master) and/or the TASC examination.
Aptitude Test TASC
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
- Strategic Aspects of the Service Industry
- Hospitality Management Seminar
- Pricing and Distribution Management
- Hospitality Project Planning and Development
- Food and Beverage Management
- Strategic Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- Master Thesis