About this course
Whether it is in hospitals, outpatient care, medical tourism or health or long-term care insurance: Doctors, nurses and the entire healthcare sector are becoming increasingly international.
This Master’s degree programme provides you with the necessary leadership skills to start or boost your management career in the German and European healthcare sector. During your studies, you deal with the complex relationships between business activities and the resulting ethical and social consequences. After graduating, you will be able to successfully fill leadership positions in healthcare companies such as hospitals and nursing homes, as well as consulting firms and medical and pharmaceutical manufacturing companies.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics, Medical Laboratory Technology, Doctor of Medicine, Physiotherapy, Dental Surgery, Health System Management, Doctor of Pharmacy, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Public Health, Nursing or similar from an accredited university (4 year programme or equivalent to 240 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a 3-year (180 ECTS) Bachelor's degree, or a Bachelor's degree in a field other than those mentioned above, you can still access this Master's by completing our Business Preparation Semester (Path2Master) and/or the TASC examination.
Aptitude Test TASC
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
- Strategic Aspects of the Service Industry
- International Health Care Systems
- Clinical Supply Chain Management
- Clinical Governance and Risk
- Evidence Based Medicine
- Strategic Hospital Management
- Master Thesis & Colloquium