About this course
Getting customers and goods to their destination quickly and safely – that’s the key thing in aviation management. But the company’s market position and efficiency are also in your hands when you are in upper management.
That is why we provide not only important specialist knowledge but also relevant general management know-how in our International Management Master’s degree programme with a major in Aviation Management. There are attractive top positions in interesting aviation professions for our graduates – especially at the management level.
You will learn about the main drivers for airline profitability – network planning and revenue management –, acquire knowledge about environmental issues such as noise and emissions, deepen your knowledge of airline and airport financing, and also deal with issues such as human resources, financial accounting and marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master).
- Advanced Research Methods
- Applied Statistics
- Service Operations Management
- Performance Measurement and Management
- International Business Ethics
- Corporate Governance in an International Context
- International Economic Policy
- Foreign Language A (Arabic/French/Italian/Spanish/Chinese)
Electives (Choose 4 out of 6):
- International Organizational Behaviour
- Advanced International Human Resource Management
- International Management Accounting & Control
- International Marketing
- International Financial Accounting
- International Financial Management
- Negotiation Skills in an International Context
- Foreign Language B (Arabic/French/Italian/Spanish/Chinese)
- Strategic Aspects of the Service Industry
- Strategic Product Planning
- Aviation Policy
- Aviation Simulation Game
- Applied Marketing Research
- Aviation Seminar
- Controlling Airlines and Airports
- Master Thesis & Colloquium