About this course
The focus of “hospitality” is always on the guest and the associated services. In addition to the classic hotel sector, this includes the hospitality industry as well as adjacent industries, such as amusement parks, casinos or airlines, and service providers such as hospitality consulting or IT service providers. That means Hospitality Management covers a very wide field with countless, often cross-industry opportunities.
We prepare you for this challenging environment in the Hospitality Management degree programme with extensive knowledge – both from the hospitality industry as well as from the general management. After graduation you will be in demand worldwide, for example in the hotel industry, in holiday resorts and clubs, but also at congress and trade fair organisers, management consultancies and specialised hotel service providers.
Our programme has a practical orientation, for example through case studies, projects and field trips to renowned companies. Most of our professors and lecturers have gained many years of specialist and management experience on an international level and they want to pass this on.
- High School Diploma, or IB Diploma, or university entrance qualification or equivalent qualification* and transcript of records.
*Equivalent qualifications from foreign schools and IB diplomas are recognised accordingly..
- If you have not graduated yet, you may apply with your existing transcript of records (incl. grades and credits, if applicable) for a conditional acceptance.
- Your final High School Diploma and Transcript of Records needs to be submitted in original or certified copy upon starting your studies.
English language skills
- Academic IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL IBT 80 points
- PTE 56 points
- Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
IUBH Entrance examination
Depending on your grades and country of origin, an entrance examination may be required.
The entrance exam may be conducted remotely and consists of a written and an oral exam. The written part of the exam is computer-based and takes approximately 2.5 hours. It is composed of the following sections (1-3):
- General Knowledge: Multiple choice questions (30 minutes)
- Mathematics and Logic: Mental arithmetic, conversion exercise, math word problems, logic (60 minutes)
- English Grammar and Comprehension: English reading, “fill-in-the-blank“, grammar questions (60 minutes)
- English Oral Exam: Interview (15 minutes)
Depending on your secondary school leaving certificate, grades and country of origin, you may need to undertake the IUBH Pathway Programme, with guaranteed progression into Bachelor when passed successfully.
- Principles of Service Operations & Organization
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Human Resource Management
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Research and Academic Writing
- Foreign Language A (Arabic/French/Italian/Spanish/Chinese)
- Practical Training Programme I
- Computer Analysis
- Management and Cost Accounting
- Practical Training Programme II
- Rooms Division Management
- Foreign Language B (Arabic/French/Italian/Spanish/Chinese)
- Business Communication
- Kitchen Management
- Restaurant Management
- Financial Management
- Intercultural Communication
- Organization Behavior
- Foreign Language C (Arabic/French/Italian/Spanish/Chinese)
One out of the six majors:
- Integrated Hospitality Management
- Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality & Events
- Sales & Distribution
- Destination Management
- Human Resourse Management
- Business & Marketing Research
- Advanced Research and Academic Writing
- Hospitality Sales and eCommerce
- Operation Analysis
- Legal Aspects in Hospitality
- Hotel Development and Facilities Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Bachelor Thesis & Colloquium