About this course
Bringing customers and goods to their destination in the shortest, safest and most convenient way.
As a graduate of the Aviation Management degree programme, you work for traditional airlines such as Lufthansa and Air France-KLM, for low-budget airlines such as Eurowings, as well as for handling companies, aircraft manufacturers and maintenance companies.
Our innovative programme gives you everything you need in the dynamic world of airport and airline business and qualifies you for an international career. Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to the close integration of theory and practice. Most of them have themselves gained many years of specialist and management experience on an international level – and would like to share it. They do this for example through case studies, projects and field trips to renowned companies.
- High School Diploma, or IB Diploma, or university entrance qualification or equivalent qualification* and transcript of records.
*Equivalent qualifications from foreign schools and IB diplomas are recognised accordingly..
- If you have not graduated yet, you may apply with your existing transcript of records (incl. grades and credits, if applicable) for a conditional acceptance.
- Your final High School Diploma and Transcript of Records needs to be submitted in original or certified copy upon starting your studies.
English language skills
- Academic IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL IBT 80 points
- PTE 56 points
- Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
IUBH Entrance examination
Depending on your grades and country of origin, an entrance examination may be required.
The entrance exam may be conducted remotely and consists of a written and an oral exam. The written part of the exam is computer-based and takes approximately 2.5 hours. It is composed of the following sections (1-3):
- General Knowledge: Multiple choice questions (30 minutes)
- Mathematics and Logic: Mental arithmetic, conversion exercise, math word problems, logic (60 minutes)
- English Grammar and Comprehension: English reading, “fill-in-the-blank“, grammar questions (60 minutes)
- English Oral Exam: Interview (15 minutes)
Depending on your secondary school leaving certificate, grades and country of origin, you may need to undertake the IUBH Pathway Programme, with guaranteed progression into Bachelor when passed successfully.
- Computer Analysis
- Principles of Service Operations & Organization
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Human Resourse Management
- Financial Accounting
- Airline Business Models
- Introduction into Aviation Management
- Aviation Economics & Policy
- Management and Cost Accounting
- International Aviation Policy & Institutions
- Principles of Research and Academic Writing
- Airport Management
- Ground Services
- Aviation Intelligence
- Aviation Project I
- Airr Cargo Management
- Logistics for Integrators
- Aviation Project II
- Business Comminication
- Financial Management
- Airline Management
- Air Navigation Services
- German Law
- International Law
- Advanced Research and Academic Writing
- Yield Management
- Network Management
- Capacity and Slot Management
- Aviation and the Environment
Aviation: Choose 3 electives
- Current Issues in Aviation
- Safety Management and Human Factors in the Aviation Business
- Airline Sales and e-Commerce
- Airport Marketing
- Airline Marketing
- Aviation Law
- Airline Management Simulation Game
- Controlling Airlines & Airports
- Aviation Project III
- Bachelor Thesis & Colloquium
Aviation Accounting & Finance: Choose i elective
- Financial Management Airlines
- Financial Management Airports