|Living cost||USD 897 per month|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
About IUBH University of Applied Sciences Campus Studies
IUBH has 21 Campus locations and more than 40 examination centres in Europe. Our two main campuses are based in Bad Honnef and Berlin
Bad Honnef: Built on the historical site of St. Anno Park, Bad Honnef offers a traditional style university campus. Against a back drop of renovated historical buildings and modern architecture. IUBH Bad Honnef offers safe, comfortable campus with the following amenities:
- Modern, well equipped seminar rooms
- Demonstration kitchen
- Wine lab
- Internet across the entire campus
- Modern library
- On campus food facilities
- Modern furnished apartments, single and shared
- Societies, Sports, and more!
Berlin: The IUBH Campus Berlin is located in the centre of Berlin and is just a short stop away from major landmarks.
Berlin: Berlin is one of Europe’s most exciting cities to live in and as an IUBH student you have a lot of options for finding suitable accommodation during your studies. Whether you prefer a single or shared flat, living alone or with friends- When you study with IUBH you have access to the following forms of accommodation:
1. Studierenden WERK BERLIN
2. Berlin Student Village
3. Housing on your own
Bad Honnef: Bad Honnef is located in North Rhine, Westphalia, One of Germany’s most picturesque regions. With our on-campus accommodations, students at IUBH immerse themselves in the student life and quickly feel at home. Our student residence consists of 6 blocks of flats, directly on the campus and just a two minute walk from the city centre.
Our mission statement consists of the following four key success factors:
The IUBH is geared to the demands of the global market. Studying at the IUBH makes careers in a global environment possible. We live out this credo in that English is the teaching language and the language used on our campus. We also impart internationality with many other distinguishing features-
- Our experts and faculty from around the world teach both technical know-how and soft skills
- We maintain multiple collaborations with partner universities in Europe, America, Australia and Asia
- At the IUBH languages in international demand are taught at advanced levels by native speakers and additional intercultural communication competence is developed
- There are currently students from over 110 nationalities/countries on our campuses. For our students, our international commitment pays off in many ways. Approximately 75% of our graduates, work successfully in an international environment.
2. Practical Relevance
The close integration of theory and practice ensures excellent career prospects. At the IUBH practical orientation is experienced firsthand. The curriculum has multiple facets which reflect this, for example, the inclusion of internship semesters, discussions and lectures with experts from industry and excursions to companies. The integration of theory and practice is a daily reality for every student. In the context of its lectures the IUBH offers project work and case studies. Many of the benefits of studying at the IUBH are possible due to the close cooperation that the IUBH and its faculty maintain with industry. Our faculty has contact to all DAX 30 companies, is recognised in the international market, and well connected in a network with over 3.000 business partners.
3. Reputation & Quality
Numerous certificates and awards confirm the excellent IUBH reputation
- On a regular basis the IUBH achieves top scores in evaluations. Reputable accreditations, partnerships and memberships indicate the high quality of the university and its programmes.
- In 2009, as part of its institutional accreditation, the IUBH received the highest seal of quality from the German Council of Science and Humanities (Wissenschaftsrat): unconditional accreditation for 10 years.
- The IUBH is accredited by the Foundation of International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) and received for five of its study programmes five golden FIBAA premium seals so far. Therefore IUBH is one of the leading universities in Germany to be awarded five or more premium seals.
- In 2012 the IUBH also received the seal of quality from the Hanseatic Certification Agency which certified IUBH study programmes as a way to obtain vocational education and training.
- In 2012 the IUBH was also honoured as best cooperation partner of the Association of Internet Travel Sales (Verband Internet Reisevertrieb e.V./VIR).
The IUBH is a founding member of the global network & 'Hotel Schools of Distinction' (formerly 'Leading HotelSchools of the World') and the only German university in the network. It is also the first and so far only, German university whose double degree tourism study
programmes have been certified by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO). The IUBH is a member of the academic network 'Global Compact' of the United Nations, the 'Council for Hospitality Management Education' (CHME) and founding member of the 'Quality Circle Events Studies'.
In the field of business administration the IUBH consistently ranks in the top group. In the current CHE Ranking the IUBH achieved top scores: in the category “overall study conditions” (grade 1.6) and in the category “practical orientation” (1.7).
IUBH Graduates are in high demand on the job market. The results of our survey of graduates speak for themselves: 94 percent of our graduates find a job within the first three months and after two years 80 percent already have management responsibilities.
These excellent results are based on the fact that, in addition to teaching professional expertise, we focus on training social and intercultural competence. When students go abroad with this knowledge they can then deal with intercultural challenges with much more ease.
The short duration of the study programme and studying in small learning groups is also advantageous for entering the professional world. These conditions are facilitative for exchange among students and proximity to faculty - essential for effective learning.
IUBH is proud of its graduates who can now look back on impressive careers. Their career paths are as varied as the job profiles of our degree programmes.
Hands-on learning experience
Hands-on learning experience
Courses available 46Accounting & Finance 5 Aviation 5 Business, Management 29 Computer Science, IT 9 Engineering 2 Health and Medicine 3 Hotel Management & Hospitality 6 Humanities & Social Sciences 3
- Preview: Alumni Reunion 2020 – 20 years IUBH! 28 Feb 2020
Be the first one!