Admission requirement into the program would include:
- school-leaving certificates (in the original language and an official, certified copy in German translated by a sworn translator; English and French certificates do not need to be translated)
- proof of previous study credits (in the original language and an official, certified copy in German translated by a sworn translator; English and French certificates do not need to be translated)
- DSH certificate (= German language university entrance exam for foreign students) (DSH 2 or 3) or a comparable language proficiency certificate
- If you have already begun to study in Germany, please submit the current certificate of enrolment (= Studienbescheinigung) from your university / college, showing subject(s) studied, intended degree and number of semesters studied.
A course of study that integrates several sub-subjects. Students will receive in this course a scientifically based training round on language in general and various languages' similarities and differences. The study includes a substantial improvement of language skills - in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, German as a foreign language, Hebrew, Yiddish, Latin or ancient Greek - and offers the possibility of different focus training / orientations:
- Languages two languages)
- Basics (1 philosophy and foreign language)
- Psycholinguistics (psycho-and neuro- linguistics and foreign language 1)
- Computational Linguistics (Language Processing and 1 foreign language)
Academic year 1:
- Entries in the Linguistics and the three main core areas ( Phonetics & phonology, morphology and syntax, grammar level, significance level semantics and pragmatics ), language courses, basics of philosophy and computer science.
Academic year 2, 3:
- Linguistic diversity and variation sociolinguistics, language policy, language types, varieties
- Historical Linguistics
- Language change and language development
- Psycho - and Neurolinguistics
- Language and the brain, language acquisition, language disorders
- Computational Linguistics for example machine translation , speech synthesis and speech recognition , etc.
- Linguistics of English , French , Italian or Spanish