About this course
The integrative Bachelor "Information Science and Language Technology" program prepares students to study activities of Internet companies (for example in the fields of search engines, social networks, online advertising, language processing and e-commerce) and in corporate knowledge management. The study includes three compartments:
- information science
- computational linguistics
- computer science
The course appeals to avid Internet users who have fun searching and finding information online and are interested in the processing of written language and have an interest in programming as well.
Admission requirement into the program would include:
- school-leaving certificates (in the original language and an official, certified copy in German translated by a sworn translator; English and French certificates do not need to be translated)
- proof of previous study credits (in the original language and an official, certified copy in German translated by a sworn translator; English and French certificates do not need to be translated)
- DSH certificate (= German language university entrance exam for foreign students) (DSH 2 or 3) or a comparable language proficiency certificate
- If you have already begun to study in Germany, please submit the current certificate of enrolment (= Studienbescheinigung) from your university / college, showing subject(s) studied, intended degree and number of semesters studied.