DISTED College, George Town, Malaysia
Average Tuition (entire course)
January, March, May, August, September
Male : female student ratio
Information not available
Local : international
95 : 5
No reviews yet.
Are you alumni of or currently studying at DISTED College?Write a review
DISTED College has been established since 1987 and today offers a good mix of foundation, diploma and degree programmes in two very centrally located heritage campuses.
A premier non-profit college in Penang owned by the Wawasan Education Foundation, DISTED is committed to providing education and training to young students to serve the needs of industry and community.
It thrives on the confidence of the community and the strengths of its programmes, staff and student care.
The college offers an environment that gives young school leavers safe and great opportunities to live and learn a life of adventure, creativity, independence and leadership as well as to thrive and achieve significance in knowledge for the service of mankind.
Students are able to enjoy a wide variety of social, cultural, entertainment and sporting activities that will contribute to a great on-campus and well-rounded learning experience.
DISTED is made up of 2 campuses in Penang.
- The DISTED Yeap Chor Ee Campus on Macalister Road houses mixed modern and heritage buildings in a very green setting.
- The DISTED School of Hospitality Campus is located in Bangunan Wawasan on China Street Ghaut in the heritage enclave of the UNESCO World Heritage City of George Town. Facilities
To help students to realise their aspirations, the DISTED Yeap Chor Ee Campus is equipped with modern teaching and learning facilities that include a learning resource centre, computer labs, science labs, engineering labs and cafeteria.
The DISTED School of Hospitality Campus is equipped with first class facilities for classroom learning as well as practical learning to acquire knowledge and skills that are relevant to the real working world. It has a restaurant, food production kitchen, bakery kitchen, bakery shop, demo kitchen cum lecturer theatre, housekeeping mock-up room, library and computer lab.
The Pulau Tikus area where the college is located has a wide range of services and amenities - banks, clinics, restaurants, coffeeshops, supermarkets etc. - to meet the needs of students.
The "home away from home" hostel has facilities for conducive living and studying that include fully-furnished and airconditioned bedrooms, living room, dining room, common kitchen and free internet service.
Daily transportation to the college is arranged for the students staying in the off-campus housing at no extra cost.
The hostel rates per person per month are:
- Triple sharing room (double decker bed) - RM390
- Triple sharing room (single bed) - RM450
- Twin sharing room - RM530
To be the premier college serving the needs of industry and community.
- Customer Orientation
- Process Driven
- Mutual Respect
- Continual Improvement
- Commitment to delivering quality education through solid programmes, excellent faculties and good infrastructure.
- Uphold quality and relevance as paramount in delivering higher education programmes.
- Offer scholarships to outstanding and deserving students as a community initiative to promote high level of education among young people in the country.
- Encourage and support staff to display a keen sense of commitment and responsibility so that each student is assured of a rewarding and meaningful education that will endure for a lifetime.
easyuni Sdn Bhd (hereafter EASYUNI) makes every possible effort to ensure that the information published on this website is accurate and up-to-date, but we accept no legal liability for errors or omissions, and reserve the right to make changes without notice.
Please note that the information published on this website concerning courses is intended for guidance purposes only. Therefore you are advised to contact the University or College before applying in order to confirm details because the availability of courses, tuition fees, and entry requirements may change without notice.
EASYUNI and its directors, employees, agents and consultants exclude all liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of, or reliance on, the material contained on this website whether or not caused by a negligent act or omission. EASYUNI makes every effort to ensure that the information on courses published on its website is up-to-date and accurate. However it does not constitute a contract and does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in or referred to in the material on this website.
Questions / Comments
easyuni Sdn. Bhd. (Formerly known as HESCAR Sdn. Bhd.). All Rights Reserved.
easyuni Sdn. Bhd. is MSC status company.