Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia, Kulai, Malaysia
No reviews yet.
Are you alumni of or currently studying at Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia?Write a review
Newcastle University UK, has established an international branch campus in Johor, Malaysia to provide undergraduate degrees in Medicine (MB BS) and the Biomedical Sciences (BSc), as well as opportunities for postgraduate study.
The programmes of study are identical to those of Newcastle’s UK-based provision, and lead to the award of the same degrees. By choosing to study at NUMed Malaysia, students will obtain a reputable UK qualification, from an internationally recognized university, at a cost significantly less than that of studying in the UK.
The aim of NUMed Malaysia is to deliver a cost-effective medical programme of the highest quality in order to meet the needs of both our students and the regional health economy, and to translate the benefits of our academic endeavour for the benefit of Malaysian society and the greater Asian region.
NUMed Malaysia’s goals are:
- To provide globally acclaimed programmes of medical education, responsive to the changing needs of the Malaysian healthcare system, in order to attract and retain national and international students of the highest quality.
- To establish an academic culture and environment which will underpin the recruitment and retention of high-calibre faculty and staff, and empower them in the pursuit of scholarship, the delivery of superior programmes of study, and the production of excellent graduates properly prepared for the global health economy of the 21st century.
- To develop a secure, attractive, supportive and inspiring environment in order to engage highly motivated students in affordable, world-class medical education, irrespective of background.
- To establish firm, mutual relationships with health and other employers in order to ensure that our programmes remain fit for purpose, and our graduates are equipped with the knowledge and understanding, the skills and competencies, and the personal and professional attitudes appropriate to professional practice and employment.
- To create and continually improve rigorous administrative systems in order to implement an excellent support strategy for all stakeholders.
The University can trace its origins to the School of Medicine and Surgery (later the College of Medicine), established in 1834, and to Armstrong College, founded in 1871 for the teaching of physical sciences. On 20 November 2008 the University announced that they were entering into an agreement to establish an international branch campus in Malaysia for the teaching of medical subjects. The development of the 13-acre (53,000 m2) site in Johor, marks Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NUMed) as the 'anchor tenant' within the EduCity. Since 2011 Newcastle University has opened a Medical university branch in Educity@Iskandar, Johor - Malaysia. Staff moved into the NUMed Malaysia buildings on 3 May 2011, in preparation for students arriving in August.
As a NUMed Malaysia student you will have access to both the sports, social and recreational facilities provided on campus, and to those provided by EduCity@Iskandar. The common facilities shared by all students at EduCity include the brand new world-class stadium and sports complex which will open by August 2013. This sports complex includes:
- outdoor arena and pitches for field sports and athletics
- indoor arena and facilities for sports such as badminton, volley ball etc
- 50-metre swimming pool
Newcastle University’s Malaysian campus is situated in Nusajaya, Johor, in Iskandar Malaysia. Part of EduCity in Iskandar, it is 1km east of the Gelang Patah Interchange on the main Linkedua Expressway. The Second Crossing Bridge to Singapore is only 8km from the campus, and the city of Johor Bahru is a near neighbour.
One of the largest developments in the Iskandar Development Region, Nusajaya is planned to be an integrated city providing a world-class environment for business, living and leisure. Students studying at the newly constructed campus benefit from innovative, first class facilities in which to study, with secure student residences on site.
Students are guaranteed a place in the newly completed, state-of-the-art student accommodation in EduCity, if they wish, although there is plenty of alternative accommodation available in the vicinity if preferred.
The secure EduCity accommodation is adjacent to the NUMed Malaysia campus.Accomodation Prices
Indicative monthly room rates range from RM350, based on sharing in a five-bedroom apartment, to RM600 for a single student bedroom with en-suite facilities.
easyuni Sdn Bhd (hereafter EASYUNI) makes every possible effort to ensure that the information published on this website is accurate and up-to-date, but we accept no legal liability for errors or omissions, and reserve the right to make changes without notice.
Please note that the information published on this website concerning courses is intended for guidance purposes only. Therefore you are advised to contact the University or College before applying in order to confirm details because the availability of courses, tuition fees, and entry requirements may change without notice.
EASYUNI and its directors, employees, agents and consultants exclude all liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of, or reliance on, the material contained on this website whether or not caused by a negligent act or omission. EASYUNI makes every effort to ensure that the information on courses published on its website is up-to-date and accurate. However it does not constitute a contract and does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in or referred to in the material on this website.
Questions / Comments
easyuni Sdn. Bhd. (Formerly known as HESCAR Sdn. Bhd.). All Rights Reserved.
easyuni Sdn. Bhd. is MSC status company.