Total tuition fee (local)
Total tuition fee (foreign)
Entry into Year 1
- Consideration is given to the complete high school record, with emphasis on grades obtained in courses most relevant to the intended programme of study. Students will normally be expected to have the equivalent of a high standing high school or equivalent school in their country, and a B in Mathematics for Science subjects and a C in non-science subjects.
- Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan applicants may also apply with completion of the following:
- Joint Entrance Examination to Chinese Universities for Overseas Chinese Students and Students from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan with a minimum grade of 400; Or
- General Scholastic Ability Test (GSAT) ranking at least top 25% for Taiwanese students who have completed high school in Taiwan, or at least top 50% for Taiwanese students who have completed high school in mainland China.
- Note: Taiwan students applying to XJTLU through the GSAT, cannot apply to other universities in China at the same time (Chinese government regulation).
Entry into Year 2
- Students who have completed A-levels or equivalent with predicted and final grades of BBB or above (in relevant subjects) will be considered for entry into Year 2.
- Students who have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 30 points or above will be considered into Year 2
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: 5.5 for year 1 entry, or 6.5 for year 2 entry. Or
- TOEFL: 75 (iBT) for year 1 entry, or 88 (iBT) for year 2 entry
- Ecology and conservation
- Environmental chemistry
- Dynamic landscapes
- Environmental pollution
- Research and GIS skills
- Introduction to planet earth
- Aquatic field skills class
- Research design
- Statistics for environmental scientists
- Spatial modeling with GIS and remote sensing
- Environmental change: past, present and future
- Soils and the environment
- Environmental sustainability
- Environmental science field skills class
- Aquatic and urban ecology
- Research project
- Air pollution
- Ecology in a changing world
- Food safety
- Environmental management
- Environmental impact assessment
- Wastewater treatment
- Fluvial processes
- Fieldwork is a core part of the programme for all students.