- 379 QS World University Rankings 2014
|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
About Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
Xi’an Jiaotong–Liverpool University (XJTLU) is located in the Dushu Lake High Education Town, which forms part of the Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP). The campus consists of two areas: the common space, and the exclusive XJTLU campus. The common space, shared by all the universities in the HET, contains facilities including libraries, entertainment venues, a sports centre, and accommodation. The exclusive XJTLU campus is dedicated to learning, teaching and research. It covers an area approximately 407,000 m². There are three main sections; the North Campus (160,000 m²), South Campus 1 (153,000 m²), and South Campus 2 (94,000 m²). The Administration Centre of XJTLU will be situated in the North Campus.
In accordance with the 5-year development plan of the University, XJTLU Campus will be developed in two principal phases. The first phase focuses on the development of the North Campus, which is due to be completed by 2013. The second phase focuses on the South Campus, where building is due to commence in 2013 and be completed by 2018. The Vision of XJTLU Campus Development is: To truly become a research-led, international University, it is necessary to develop distinctive and stimulating surroundings for learning, teaching and research. Therefore the buildings and overall environment of the campus will have following features:
- Attractive and modern design and facilities
- An attractive design
- A hub of student activity
- Elegant and peaceful retreats
- Distinctive buildings that fuse and reflect their cultural implications
- Easily recognisable buildings
- Harmonious coexistence of buildings, environment and occupants
From Suzhou Train Station
- Upon arrival at Suzhou train station, travel to the University by Bus No. 178, and the bus fare is RMB3; or by Fastline No.2 (快线2号), the ticket costs RMB2 per person. Alternatively, travel by taxi, which will cost approximately RMB50.
From Suzhou South Long Distance Bus Station
- Travel to the University by Bus No. 16 which will only take around 10 minutes.
From Suzhou North Long Distance Bus Station
- Travel to the University by Bus No. 812. Alternatively, travel by taxi, which will cost around RMB50.
Note: A number of buses also arrive at XJTLU such as No. 118, 142, 146, 128 and 228.
International students can choose from various apartments around the campus. The Suzhou Industrial Park Education Development & Investment Limited Company (SIPEDI) provides dormitory/apartment services to all students/staff in the Dushu Lake Higher Education Town where the University is located. Currently, the available apartment buildings are: R&D Apartments, Scholar's Garden and the International Student Apartments (C area). As soon as students have been given an unconditional offer and paid a deposit of RMB10,000 (around USD1,500) to secure a place at the University, accommodation will be booked.
Courses available 60Accounting and Finance 10 Applied and Pure Sciences 9 Architecture, Building & Planning 7 Business and Management 10 Computer Science and IT 8 Education and Teaching 1 Engineering 5 Health and Medicine 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 7 Mandarin (Chinese Language) 5 Mass Communication & Media 3 MBA 2
- Western schools lead the way to China 20 May 2015
- MBA Programme Director Interview 20 May 2015
- Financial Times: Ageing population in China creates business opportunities 20 May 2015
Be the first one!