|Living cost||Contact the university / college|
|Student population||Small (1,000 or less)|
About Les Roches Jin Jiang International Hotel Management College
With over 350 students on campus every semester, Les Roches Jin Jiang is large enough to be highly professional yet small enough to treat everyone as an individual, and make everyone feel welcomed.
Les Roches Jin Jiang College is located in Fengxian, the southernmost district of Shanghai, within the modern and spacious campus of Shanghai Normal University. This peaceful university campus features:
- Modern classrooms and practical learning areas
- Three restaurants
- A hospitality library
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities
- Twin & single room off-campus accommodation
Like the Les Roches flagship campus in Bluche, LRJJ is also set away from the hustle and bustle of urban life, intentionally providing students with the kind of undisturbed, close-knit college community found in Switzerland. The Les Roches Jin Jiang building is located in the green and peaceful campus of Shanghai Normal University in Feng Xian, the south most district of Shanghai. Les Roches Jin Jiang Campus is just a one-hour drive from Shanghai’s city center. In your spare time, you will be able to explore the fantastic cultural sites and leisure activities that this city has to offer: historical landmarks, modern architecture, shopping districts, restaurants, nightclubs and much more.
FENG XIAN DISTRICT AND AREA
The Feng Xian district of Shanghai is located 42 kilometers from People’s Square (central downtown Shanghai), and 30 kilometers from Pudong International Airport. The Feng Xian district has a subtropical monsoon climate cooled down by a southeast wind. The sun shines throughout the year and rain is abundant.
The area is home to the Howard Johnson Palm Beach Resort Shanghai, Hotel Wave
Resort Shanghai, and Palm Beach Golf Club alongside local attractions and nature. The major town of Nanqiao can be reached after a short 20 minutes bus or taxi journey from the campus.
There are a wealth of reasons to start a hospitality career in China. China itself is a fascinating place. These are our Top 4 Reasons to come to China:
- Exploration – China is so large, and so diverse, you will never run out of places to see! Many fascinating destinations in Asia are also only a short flight away (Seoul, 1-hour 50min. – Hong Kong, 2 hrs – Japan, 3 hrs – Thailand, 4 hrs).
- Career Advantages – Experience in China will give you a boost in the international job market.
- Culture – Immersion in Chinese society will give you a new perspective that 10,000 books cannot give you.
- Affordability – Cost of living and daily expenses are relatively low in China, compared to many other countries.
Deluxe off-campus accommodation “Palm Beach Residence” is conveniently located 5 minutes drive from LRJJ campus with complimentary (free of charge) shuttle bus service provided to take students to and from the accommodation. This accommodation is most desirable for students who prefer a large apartment with a high standard of furnishing and more common areas. Students can enjoy the complimentary access to the gym and the indoor swimming pool.
Courses available 3Hotel Management & Hospitality 3
- Launch of the new Postgraduate Program at Les Roches Jin Jiang 29 Apr 2016
- LRJJ Hospitality Forum - Charles He 15 Mar 2016
- LRJJ Hospitality Forum - Emily Phang 14 Mar 2016