About this course
Interior designers work with clients to develop design solutions that are aesthetic, technically sophisticated and functional. They are the design architects of interior space. Work settings include residential, commercial, institutional and industrial buildings. The Interior Designer assesses a client's needs and creates solutions. They design technical drawings then monitor and supervise installation. At completion the Interior Designer evaluates the project and ensures it meets the clients' objectives along with all building, fire and safety codes.
This program targets students who are imaginative and have a passion for creating environments that enhance the quality of living. Basic drawing skills, along with math ability are essential. Students must be both independent thinkers and able to work in a team environment.
- Numerous opportunities for field study in the community and internationally
- Active student chapter of ASID (American Society of Interior Design) and ARIDO (Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario
- Advanced technology offering computer aided drafting and design, animation, 3D imaging training and application
- Integrated design studio offering training by an architect, landscape designer and lighting designer
- A design-build component offering hands-on furniture construction
- Canada & USA: High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- British education system: General Certificate of Education showing passes in six (6) academic subjects (including English) at the Ordinary level.
- Caribbean countries (English): High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc.): WAEC (or NECO) transcript with online verifying scratch card number and PIN required.
- South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc.): High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript. IELTS 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0, or TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) score of 500, or internet-based test (iBT) score of 61, or computer-based test (CBT) score of 173.
- Other regions (English proficiency test required)
- High school diploma/graduation certificate and transcript or equivalent in original language and English translation.
English proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL iBT 61 with no band lower than 15, or PBT score of 500, or CBT score of 173 / IELTS 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0