About this course
This program provides the financial planning knowledge to prepare students for careers in the financial services sector. Graduates will have a good understanding of Canadian securities and personal financial planning along with the marketing skills needed to sell financial services and products.
- Third year internship in a financial institution for qualifying students.
- Offers training to write the licensing exams for the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and the Life License Qualification Program (LLQP).
- Up-to-date computer labs using financial planning software.
- Opportunity for qualifying graduates to complete a B. Comm. from Nipissing University on the St. Clair College campus.
- Canada & USA: High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- British education system: General Certificate of Education showing passes in six (6) academic subjects (including English) at the Ordinary level.
- Caribbean countries (English): High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc.): WAEC (or NECO) transcript with online verifying scratch card number and PIN required.
- South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc.): High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript. IELTS 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0, or TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) score of 500, or internet-based test (iBT) score of 61, or computer-based test (CBT) score of 173.
- Other regions (English proficiency test required)
- High school diploma/graduation certificate and transcript or equivalent in original language and English translation.
English proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL iBT 61 with no band lower than 15, or PBT score of 500, or CBT score of 173 / IELTS 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0