About this course
Students in Mohawk's Child and Youth Worker program will have the opportunity to specialize in supporting change with children, youth and their families experiencing a range of social, emotional and behavioural challenges. Child and Youth Worker students will participate in field placements, with the first typically being with a school board, and the other two incorporating residential, treatment, adolescent and community based settings.
Note: This course is offered in Fennell Campus only.
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent (70% guideline)
- Attendance at program orientation is strongly recommended
- Options are available for mature applicants
- For competitive programs (the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of available places), selection will be based on the average of the highest senior level final grades in the required courses that are available at the time of ranking
- Applicants should note that some employment opportunities require that certain physical standards must be met as a condition of employment
- Registered students who have been convicted of an offense under the criminal code for which they have not been pardoned may be denied the opportunity to enter field placement
- Students may be required to complete various Immunizations and Disease Screening protocol required by some field placement agencies
- Field placements may occur at locations that are not accessible by public transit. As such, students shall be expected to either have access to a car or the ability to supply their own transportation when attending clinical placement activity. Mohawk shall not be responsible for providing students with transportation to clinical placements