About this course
In the Civil Engineering Technology advanced diploma program, students gain a balanced education in civil engineering theory, combined with practical work in laboratories and in the field. Specialization takes place through a third-year major project.
Students become familiar with the structural properties of timber, steel, masonry and concrete and study the design of roads, water distribution and sewage and drainage systems. The major business aspects of civil engineering are also covered, as are technical communications skills.
Note: This course is offered in Cambridge campus only.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, or 19 years of age or older with mature student status
- Grade 12 compulsory English, C or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Communications
- Grade 12 Mathematics, C or U (MCT4C or MHF4U or MCV4U or MDM4U), or equivalent, or Conestoga College Preparatory Mathematics for Technology & Apprenticeship
- The minimum acceptable grade for MDM4U is 70%.
- Applicants with MAP4C will only be considered after writing the College Math Admissions test. Minimum grade cutoffs apply. Applicants with MAP4C may be given an alternate offer to the one-year Technology Foundations program which serves as a preparatory pathway into this program.
Let's see what you may also consider