- A Bachelor plus a coursework Masters degree with a minimum credit average (65% or GPA 3.0 out of 4.0), or a four year Bachelor Honours degree (with a minimum of 2-2 Honours) are the typical entry requirements for the Master of Philosophy. A three year Bachelor degree (without Honours), but with a distinction average (75%) may also be a suitable entry requirement, if in the same discipline as the proposed program.
- Research related and professional experience will also be considered when assessing qualifications. The Head of Postgraduate Studies for the relevant unit will approve entry into the Master of Philosophy, based on academic results, research and professional experience. Candidates with a coursework masters degree or a four year Bachelor (Honours) degree in the same discipline may be granted up to 24cp of advanced standing for the coursework component of the Masters of Philosophy.
1. Special Admission Requirements
All applicants for research degrees must submit a written (preferably typed) proposal as part of their application. This proposal should:
- commence with a statement detailing any previous research or project experience you have undertaken, including if possible a copy of the abstract of such work;
- contain, in no more than one additional page, a clearly focussed research proposal for the study you would wish to undertake throughout your registration in the course; and
- conclude with a statement of your motivation for wanting to undertake the research course.
2. English Requirements
- IELTS Academic: Overall Score of 6.5 (Reading: 6.0, Writing: 6.0, Listening: 6.0, Speaking: 6.0)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): Overall Score of 88 (Reading: 18, Writing: 18, Listening: 18, Speaking: 18)
- UOW College: English for Tertiary Studies: Credit (weighted average mark of 65)
- Medical Radiation Physics
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Electrical, Computer & Telecommunications Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Mining Engineering