About this course
The Master of Business Information Management (MBIM) at the UWA Business School will develop and expand your skills to manage IT infrastructure projects, determine enterprise systems requirements, analyse organisational data for business intelligence, lead information systems strategies, manage supply chains, and apply emerging technologies across the enterprise.
A major focus of the MBIM is developing your ability to work with IT teams to improve operations. For example, in the Enterprise Information
Systems unit, you will learn to:
- Identify and analyse business information requirements related to enterprise resource planning (ERP) software
- Conduct a feasibility analysis for ERP acquisition and make a justified recommendation
- Efficiently navigate and access information in an ERP system
- Liaise with vendors and software specialists in configuring and customising ERP systems
- Assess the potential impacts of ERP implementations
Within the MBIM, the unit Project Management will also develop your capacity to oversee a portfolio of strategic projects. Topics include project creation and planning; scheduling, network analysis and resource management; control of projects during their development and execution phases; organising the project team; and benefits realisation. You will be able to apply project management skills, tools and techniques in a realistic setting, making use of standard project management software.
- Related qualifications accepted by the university.
English Language Requirements:
- Demonstrate satisfactory performance in a UWA-approved test of English. This is the case even if English is your first language.