To be eligible for admission to Master of Arts candidature, applicants are normally required:
- To hold a bachelor degree with at least Honours Class 2 Division II from a recognised higher education institution.
- Applicants who have completed a bachelors degree and have achieved by subsequent work and study a standard equivalent to at least Honours Class 2 Division II may also be considered.
In exceptional cases, applications may be considered on the basis of other evidence of general and professional qualifications as approved by the Research Degrees Committee.
- Accident research
- Art and digital design
- Climate change
- Coastal management
- Communication and media studies
- Creative writing
- Historical studies
- Indigenous studies
- Interactive technologies and games
- Internet media studies
- Natural resource management
- Politics and international relations
- Public communication and promotion
- Social sciences
- Social work
As a candidate you are required to conduct research that can be written up as a scholarly thesis. You must demonstrate research competency and the ability to make a significant and original contribution to the body of knowledge in your chosen area of specialisation.