About this course
The Master of Architecture course provides students with professional education in the practice and theory regarding architecture. The course requires full time attendance for two years. This specific course is designed to deliver suitable and appropriate knowledge about architecture according to the contemporary multi-disiplinary professional practice.
- UNSW Bachelor of Architectural Studies graduates who achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 and who are assumed to have architectural practice experience may apply directly to the UNSW Admissions Office. Eligible graduates of the UNSW Bachelor of Architectural Studies are guaranteed admission to the UNSW Master of Architecture.
- Graduates from undergraduate Architecture degrees undertaken in university schools and programs of the Association of Architecture Schools of Australasia (Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea) who achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 (or equivalent) and who are assumed to have completed architectural practice experience may apply directly to the UNSW Admissions Office.
- Graduates of undergraduate Architecture degree programs from other universities and institutions who achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 (or equivalent) may apply directly to the UNSW Admissions Office.
- Applicants under this category are required to provide:
- A statement of intent (maximum 1000 words) outlining why the student wishes to study at UNSW Built Environment Architecture.
- An official academic transcript of previous studies
- Demonstration of 6 months work experience in the office of an Architectural Practice.
- Hard copy A3 portfolio (maximum of 10 pages) of university architectural studies projects from a range of academic courses, particularly design studio courses, undertaken in the bachelor degree program. Please note digital portfolios are not accepted.
- Interested graduates from allied Built Environment design orientated undergraduate degrees such as Architectural Computing, Interior Architecture and Landscape Architecture who meet the Master of Architecture academic entry requirement of 65 WAM (or equivalent) are encouraged to contact the BE Student Centre for advice.
English Requirements for International Students
- ILETS: 6.5 overall (minimum 6.0)
- TOEFL: 577 overall (min. 5.0 in TWE) or Internet based; 90 overall (min.23 in writing, 22 in reading, listening and speaking)
- Pearson test for English: 64 overall (min. 54 in each subtest)
- CPE: B grade
- CAE: A grade