About this course
- Qualify to teach children from birth to eight years in childcare, preschool and the early years of school
- Get work-ready with a valuable 95 days of placement in childcare, preschools and primary schools
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge about young children, their families and the community services that provide for their care and education
- Gain the skills employers are seeking with our nationally and internationally recognised transformative curriculum
- Combine in-depth study of early childhood education with studies in the arts
- 2014 Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR): 70.20
- Guaranteed entry ATAR: 80.00
- TAFElink: Advanced Diploma or above
- Bonus points: LOTE, SEAS, RISAS
- FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
English Language Requirement:
- Achieved the required level for the course you are applying for; or
- Successful completion of an approved secondary or tertiary qualification, taught in the English language in a country where English is the official language or the main language spoken (for English levels 1-3 only) with evidence no more than five years old on the proposed date of commencement of the course; or
- Successfully completed a pre-course English program from an approved ELICOS Provider.
- Other evidence of English language proficiency may be accepted.
To qualify for The Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)/Bachelor of Arts, a student must complete 144 units with a grade of P or NGP or better in each topic, according to the following program of study:
- A Bachelor of Education component of 72 units;
- A Bachelor of Arts component of 72 units.
The Bachelor of Education component must include:
- 9 units of Education topics at First Year level
- 9 units of Education topics at Second Year level including professional experience
- 27 units of Education topics at Third Year level including professional experience
- 27 units of Education topics at Fourth Year level including professional experience.
The Bachelor of Arts component must include:
- 36 units of one BA major sequence
- 22.5 units of one BA minor sequence
- EDUC2420 Teaching Indigenous Australian Students (4.5 units)
- 9 units of prescribed BA electives which can be selected from any of the BA majors/minors at any level provided the entry requirements are met.