|Living cost||USD 347 per month|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
About Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) courses comprise both on-campus and online programs.
On-campus courses include:
- Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation)
- Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Science (Industrial Automation Engineering)
- Bachelor of Science (Electrical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Science (Civil and Structural Engineering)
Online courses (Schools):
- School of Industrial Automation, Instrumentation and Process Control
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Data Comms & Industrial IT
- School of Electrical Engineering
- School of Electronic Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Engineering Management
Hostels and Guesthouses
This is a great temporary solution for students still seeking permanent accommodation. Hostels are normally located in the city-centre and close to tourist attractions. They’re less formal than hotels are which makes them cheaper, but you generally have a furnished room and access to amenities such as a kitchen, laundry and common areas. You can choose to have your own room or share a dormitory with other people.
- Perth - Average Price Range (AUD): $80 to $150 per week
- Melbourne - Average Price Range (AUD): $110 to $280 per week
While you’re staying in a hostel, you can organise a permanent accommodation solution, such as a shared rental. This means you share a house or apartment with other people. Usually you each get your own bedroom but share amenities such as the bathroom, living space, kitchen and laundry. Costs vary depending on suburb, size of the residents and the number of people living in the property. You may also need to pay for utilities such as water, electricity, gas and internet.
- Perth - Average Price Range (AUD): $80 to $250 per week
- Melbourne - Average Price Range (AUD): $150 to $300 per week
This accommodation is also generally organised once you’re in Australia. You can rent a house or apartment to live in by yourself or with friends. You may need to buy or rent your own furniture, however some properties come furnished. A tenancy agreement or lease contract needs to be signed between yourself and the owner. There is generally a minimum amount of time you need to stay, such as 6 or 12 months. Prices depend on the suburb you live in and the size of the property.
- Perth - Average Price Range (AUD): A$100 to A$400 per week
- Melbourne - Average Price Range (AUD): A$170 to A$450 per week
This means you live with a local family, which means you have an extra opportunity to practice your English and experience the Australian culture and lifestyle. These families are often experienced in hosting foreign students and there are agencies that can help you find a family that suits your individual needs. Your room is usually furnished and you’re provided with necessities such as linen and towels.
- Perth - Average Price Range (AUD): A$140 to A$270 per week
- Melbourne - Average Price Range (AUD): A$150 to A$300 per week