About this course
SIB50210 - Diploma of Salon Management reflects the role of individuals who are competent in managing the overall operation of a business involved in services and sales delivery in personal services environments, including, hairdressing and beauty salons and spas. A salon manager at this level may focus on building the business, creating and establishing a personal services culture, leading and developing a team, developing and implementing marketing activities, and ensuring all occupational health and safety requirements are maintained.
This qualification is designed to reflect the role of managers or owner managers who work relatively autonomously and coordinate and supervise others. It involves the self-directed application of knowledge and skills, and the provision of leadership and support to colleagues through the development and management of service delivery, and sales delivery concurrent with ongoing human resources development
English Language proficiency* (one of the following criteria only):
- IELTS 5.5 or an equivalent English score result as recognised by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) regulations; or
- An English proficiency of Upper Intermediate level from Academia International or any other NEAS accredited ELICOS course or English Australia member college course; or
- An English medium High School qualification equivalent to Year 10 (Victoria, Australia) and recognised by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP); or
- A qualification equivalent to Certificate IV (AQF, Australia) or higher majoring in English or conducted in the English Language; or
- An average score of 70% or higher on the Academia International Placement test.
- Evidence that student has successfully completed 4th Year level English at Assumption University in Thailand.