- Find University or College
- Find Course
- MBA Courses
- Find Scholarship
- Find Advice
- Course Recommender
BSc (Hons) Web Development
|College or University||GIST International College|
|Degree Awarded By||Staffordshire University|
|Duration||3 or 4 Years without Placement|
MYR 48000 (Foreign students only) |
About BSc (Hons) Web Development
Computing applications increasingly rely on the use of the internet and web technologies. This award is a course for those wishing to become a specialist in the design and development of computing applications for the web and related technologies. This award allows student to study all areas of web development from design, programming, media and enterprise. Specialism is possible at a later stage should student wish to, or stay a generalist in web development. Students will study the latest appropriate technologies and programming languages.
The degree in this University is awarded by Staffordshire University, UK.
Programme Aims & Objectives
The main aims of the course are:
- solid foundation in computing for web development including web page design and development, web standards and etc.
- in depth training in programming in the latest web languages.
- gain knowledge in the use of media in the web.
- gain advanced skills in web development and web standards.
- learn and work both independently and within groups.
Graduates from this award will be signing up to a rapidly developing area of computing with large employment opportunities as nearly all sectors of industry are employing the usage of web-based applications and systems. Job titles in this area include Web Designer and Flash Designer.
- 2 passes at STPM and 5 credits at SPM; or
- 2 passes at A Levels and 4 Grade B passes at O Levels / GCSE; or
- A qualification that GEM accepts as equivalent to the above
- Hardware, Networks & Servers for Interactive Computing
- Introduction to Software Development
- Maths for Interactive Computing
- Web Design and Development
- Object Oriented & Event Driven Programming
- Systems Modelling
- Introduction to Design Concepts for Computing
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Database Systems
- Web Design & Development 2
- Further Object-Oriented Programming
- Interface Design & Interaction
- Web Programming with Servlets and Java Server Pages
- Web Application Development
- Media for the Web
- Project: Planning, Management, Communication & Appraisal
- Web Project
- Award Option*
- Award Option*
- Project: Research, Analysis & Artefact Design
- Project: Artefact Realisation, Testing & Evaluation
- Award Option*
- General Option**
*Select from Award Option List
**Select from General Option List
Disclaimer: Please note that the information published on this website concerning courses is intended for guidance purposes only. Therefore you are advised to contact the University or College before applying in order to confirm details because the availability of courses, tuition fees, and entry requirements may change without notice. For more information, please read our full disclaimer.